Saturday, October 31, 2015

Finnish cookbooks

If you are a fan or a collector you sometimes end up getting stuff you have no real use for, and that you immediately regret using money on. I’m no exception, one time that happened was when I got two Finnish cookbooks (!)
 

Aku Ankka - Puolialaston kokki
Aku Ankka - Pidot Ankkalinnassa

Of course they contain Disney comics too, and the main reason I got them was a series of food themed one-pagers by Kari Korhonen and Vicar. But I can't read a single word Finnish and the stories are not THAT interesting. So I'm still shaking my head when I spot the books in my bookshelf.

Inside the books

Most of the one-pagers are still not printed outside Finland I think, but one single story from these books is actually printed in the USA. It's an untitled Halloween story in Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #695.


Donald and Huey Dewey and Louie in a Halloween one-pager by Kari Korhonen and Vicar
A Halloween one-pager (D 2005-153) by Kari Korhonen and Vicar

And it seems the boys are still using the same costumes as in the 1952 cartoon and the Barks classic "Trick or Treat".


Huey Dewey and Louie in the 1952 cartoon "Trick or Treat"
From the 1952 cartoon "Trick or Treat"


Huey Dewey and Louie in "Trick or Treat" by Carl Barks
From "Trick of Treat" by Carl Barks

There, I turned this boring post about cookbooks to be about something else :)
 

Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment