Saturday, November 24, 2018

Norwegian Donald Duck pop-up store

Outside the store

Outside the store

Here's a small image gallery from the Donald Duck pop-up store in Oslo, Norway. It's the first time we've had a store like this in Norway, mostly selling Disney comics but with some other merchandise too. The store is open Monday to Saturday from Nov 10. To Dec 5 this year, with a few events happening too.

 



Event program in English:

November 10. Opening event with artist Arild Midthun having a drawing show for the kids and signing.
November 17. Author Jørn Lier Horst having a talk about an anniversary book and with signing.
November 24. Guinness World Record attempt, world's smallest comic.
December 01. Anniversary party. Donald Duck & Co (the weekly comic) is 70 years.


Here are some images from inside the store:


Artificial turf in the entire store

Various pocket books

Huge image of Donald Duck & Co #1

Books, Barks lithographs and a wall with info about Carl Barks and Don Rosa

Carl Barks lithographs (not for sale)

Carl Barks and Don Rosa wall

Stage area for events

New Donald Duck detective series

Merchandise

Some new books

Cash register

Special area to wrap gifts

I didn't get much at the store as I alredy have most of the things I find interesting in there. But I did get a Donald Duck Junior preview comic (given out for free) and two anniversary books that I haven't seen in regular sale anywhere yet. Also, everyone buying something got the cool bag in the picture below.



What I got at the store

1 comment:

  1. WOW THAT IS SO COOL! I wish I lived in Norway so I could visit it!

    ReplyDelete