Monday, April 13, 2020

More cover sequels

I wrote a post about cover sequels a few years ago, and now I just discovered another one. The covers for the Norwegian Donald Pocket #180 and the German Super Sommer Spass #2 have the same setting, and could be seen as sequels to each other.
 

Norwegian Donald Pocket #180 and the German Super Sommer Spass #2

I've had both comics in my collection for a long time, but never noticed until the cover codes recently was identified in the inducks database. And as I write this, it doesn't look like they are used anywhere else! (inducks links: D 12644 and D 12716)

I don't have too many German comics, but this one I got years ago as it has an Egmont produced Darkwing Duck story inside that is not known to have been published anywhere else. So it could be worth tracking down if you are a Darkwing fan.



Darkwing Duck: High Voltage Villainy (Egmont's English title)
Darkwing Duck: High Voltage Villainy (Egmont's English title)

Last year we also got another kind of sequel thing on the covers of IDW's Uncle Scrooge. Here three covers form one single drawing, but as Scrooge appear in all parts I guess you could look at them as sequels too.

 

IDW's Uncle Scrooge #47-49, printed comics next to eachother
IDW's Uncle Scrooge #47-49, printed comics next to eachother

Above is a picture of the printed covers with the final layout. But before the comics got on sale, I tried to put together the pre-release cover images to see how they would look combined. That didn't look as nice as the final layout…

IDW's Uncle Scrooge #47-49, pre-release cover images
IDW's Uncle Scrooge #47-49, pre-release cover images

No comments:

Post a Comment