Sunday, May 24, 2020

"Mickey Mouse 1932" from Club Anni Trenta (paperback edition)



I already talked about the hardcover edition of this book in 2016, when I bought it without knowing what I was going to receive.

When trying to do some research back then, I found a forum post mentioning a paperback edition, but found no pictures or more information about this edition anywhere. (I found a couple of pics searching right now) Not long ago however I randomly found a copy on eBay when searching for something else. And as usual my curiosity got the better of me and I got this one too.


Front cover of the hardcover edition (top) and paperback (bottom)

Back cover of the hardcover edition (top) and paperback (bottom)

Compared to the hardcover edition the content is identical, but title is different ("Mickey Mouse" vs "Mickey Mouse 1932") and the cover illustration used on the paperback is not included in the other one. The illustration is not taken from any of the strips in inside, but is actually an illustration for the Mickey Mouse theme song!


The book starts with the January 4, 1932 Mickey Mouse strip and ends with the November 11, 1932 strip. All of them are in English even if the book was published by an Italian book club.
 

Same content inside the two books

Even the copyright page has the exact same text.
 

Copyright text, click to enlarge

The book is a nice curiosity from the era where these Mickey strips wasn't as commonly available as they are today. But the book does not have any content you can't find in Fantagraphics' collection of Mickey strips by Floyd Gottfredson.

No comments:

Post a Comment